>As we get ready for the season finale of series four, I found this meme about all things Doctor Who. I think it was around this time over twenty years ago that I watched my first episode of the show. So this meme seems appropriate. Plus, it saves me having to write an actual meaningful post…
1. When did you start watching?
It’s been over 20 years since I started watching Doctor Who. In fact, it may be pretty close to the anniversary of my discovery of the show on a local (at the time) PBS station, KTEH in San Jose, California
My dad asked if I’d seen this show called Doctor Who before and changed over to it.
2. What was your first serial/episode?
TimeFlight, Part One
3. Which serials/episodes have you seen?
All of them.
“Curse of Fenric.” Simply put, it’s magnificent, brilliant and marvellous.
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show?
I do have friends who enjoy the show, some who wonder why I watch and others who tolerate my obsessive love of the show. My dad occasionally watches the episodes of the new series and my sister lives is constant fear I will turn my niece and nephew into Dr Who fans.
5. Which Doctor is your favourite?
6. Which Doctor is your least favourite?
Like them all
7. Which TV companion is your favourite?
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios?
9a. If so, which is your favourite?
Chimes of Midnight
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite? Don’t have one
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios?
If you mean the BBC releases of old Target novels on CD, yes. I’ve also listened to the narrated audios of the lost stories.
10a. If so, which is your favourite?
Evil of the Daleks
11. Have you read any of the novels or short stories?
Had a huge collection of the novelizations back in the day, yes. Faithfully read all the New Adventures and most of the Missing Adventures. Have been far more selective in the BBC range.
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories?
11b. Which is your favourite?
Target novel: Remembrance of the Daleks.
12. Have you read any of the comics?
12a. You guessed it – which is your favourite?
Don’t really have one
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)?
Of course…I’ve even seen the spin-off pilot K-9 and Company back in the day. ::shudders:::
13a. Which is your favourite?
Honestly, I’d go with Sarah Jane Adventures because it’s the most in keeping with what classic Who is.
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read?
Not really, no.
1. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who?
I used to make up Doctor Who stories in my head when I was younger…does that count?
1a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several)!
2. Do you create Doctor Who icons?
2a. Let’s see a sample!
3. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation!
4. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions?
Yes. Went to the Who-mobile back in the day. For those of you who don’t recall what this is, it was a tractor trailer that had Who props in the back and you walked through, viewing them. It stopped at my local PBS station and McCoy was there just after he got the r
5. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character?
For Halloween, yes. My mom made me a Tom Baker-like scarf one year. I’ve still got it.
6. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise?
Every available bit of footage on DVD or VHS. A couple of novels from the NA line I’ve kept.
7. Are you a fan of Russell T Davies?
In that he brought the series back, yes. As for his writing, not so much. He just can’t do epic.
7a. Steven Moffat?
I believe the word you’re looking for to describe me is fan-boy.
7b. Paul Cornell?
Yes, but more for his work on the NAs and the MAs.
8. What say you to Season 6b?
9. The UNIT dating controversy?
This is a subject that only the most obsessive Who fans debate..and yes, I have debated it. (And for those of you who don’t know the show, this refers to the time frame the UNIT stories took place, not whether or not members of UNIT were dating…though that can be debated as well)
10. The Blinovitch Limitation effect?
11. Multi-Doctor episodes?
If they’re done right, it could be fun. Robert Holmes’ outline for the Five Doctors was better than any multi-Doctor story we ever got on-screen…
12. What’s your favourite Doctor Who technobabble?
“Reverse the polarity of the nuetron flow..?”
13. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors?
14. Have you met any of the actors?
14a. Travelled to any filming locations?
No, but someday I will take a tour of the Rock Quarries of Dr Who.
15. What do you think of The Curse of Fatal Death?
It was hysterically funny.
16. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular?
I don’t care for RTD, I’m sick of Rose and I think McCoy was a great Doctor. Oh and I don’t care that much for Torchwood.
17. What’s your favourite pairing?
The 7th Doctor and Ace
18. What pairing(s) won’t you touch with a really long pole?
The Doctor and Adric